Headlight restoration is critical because headlights are the eyes of the vehicle. It can be dangerous to drive your vehicle if the roads are fogged and hazy. New headlight lenses are prohibitively expensive. With the help of a headlight lens cleaner, you can have the headlight lens looking as good as new in no time. Headlight restoration is a simple task that requires some time and effort. Sanding is required for headlight lenses with road debris pits or heavy oxidation. You can gradually sand the damaged headlight covers with different grades of sandpaper to reveal a smooth and blemish-free surface.
Car headlights can become discolored and foggy over time. Lenses and assemblies can be expensive to replace. Headlight restoration can save you a trip to the mechanic and provide a low-cost but effective alternative to professional headlight restoration. Here are some tips for successful car headlight restoration:
- Damage inside of the headlight lens: If the damage is on the inside, condensation from moisture will appear. If this is the case, the moisture must be removed.
- Household glass cleaners: If the damage is on the inside, condensation from moisture will appear. If this is the case, the moisture must be removed.
- Testing: It’s best to experiment with hand polishing to see if it improves the clarity of your headlights. You can use tartar-removing toothpaste on a small portion of the headlight, and if that part clears up, you can restore the entire headlight.
- Headlight deoxidizer: Pollutants, debris, and UV rays cause oxidization of headlights, which causes them to appear hazy and discolored. A headlight deoxidizer can remove all oxidation from your headlights and improve your night vision.
- Wash headlights: Before you begin restoring the headlights, they should be thoroughly cleaned. Soapy water should be used to clean the headlights, followed by rinsing and drying with a clean towel.
- Sand headlights: Once the headlights are clean, you should sand down the face of the headlights taking care to not damage the paint of the car. You should never sand in circles but always in straight lines. After the headlights have been sanded, they should be wiped with another clean towel. Make sure you don’t reuse the towels, as this may cause damage to the headlight surface.
When having your vehicle serviced, always take the time to inspect whether the metal or chrome surfaces need to be polished. Choose the correct polish for your vehicle, as advised by the detailer, or you will end up damaging the chrome. If you are looking for headlight restoration in Dubai, reach out to us.